1/2 cup roasted pecan pieces (see recipe notes)
1 (13.4-ounce) round brie
1 (12-ounce) bag fresh cranberries
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup maple syrup
Zest and juice of 1 orange
1 teaspoon freshly chopped thyme
1 teaspoon freshly chopped rosemary
1 tablespoon bourbon, optional
1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the cranberries, saving a few for the final garnish, with the maple syrup and water. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium-high heat, and then reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries have popped and the mixture has thickened, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cranberry mixture from the heat and immediately stir in orange zest and juice, thyme, rosemary, and bourbon (if using).
- While the chutney cools, place the brie on the parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until the inside of cheese has softened while the outside remains intact.
- Transfer the Brie to a serving platter and top with chutney and toasted pecans. Drizzle about 1 teaspoon maple syrup over the brie and garnish with fresh thyme and a few fresh cranberries. Serve immediately with crackers, toasted bread, and apple slices.
- Recipe notes: Roasted pecans recipe can be found here.