Warm Pecan Snack Mix with Rosemary
By: Jess Larson of Plays Well with Butter
Cook Time: Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup rice squares cereal (use flavor(s) of choice, such as wheat or cinnamon)
- ½ cup pretzels
- ½ cup cheesy crackers
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons pure maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- To a large, microwave-safe bowl, add the pecans, rice squares cereal, pretzels, cheesy crackers and fresh rosemary. To a small microwave-safe bowl, add the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, salt, & nutmeg. Microwave the butter mixture 1-2 minutes, until melted, then pour over the dry mix. Toss well to combine.
- Microwave the snack mix in 45-second intervals, about 4-5 intervals total, until the mix is fragrant, golden, & toasty. If you prefer to use your oven, toast at 250 degrees F for 1 hour, tossing the mix every 15 minutes.
- Stir in cranberries & enjoy warm.