Rib-Eye Pecan Red Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 4
Cook Time: 20 mins Prep
10 mins Cook
This traditional Spanish sauce gets richness from toasted pecans and smokiness from the fire roasted tomatoes and peppers.
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/2 cup roasted red pepper
1/4 cup fire roasted tomatoes
1/2 sweet onion, chopped
6 garlic cloves, roasted until soft
1 dried red chili pepper, seeded and soaked
1/4 cup sherry vinegar
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup pecan oil plus 1 tablespoon
1 (16-ounce) bone-in rib eye steak
1/3 cup pecan pieces, toasted
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1/2 lime, zested and juiced
- Roast the garlic: Place whole cloves in their skin on a piece of foil. Drizzle with pecan oil, wrap up into a small package. Place in a 400 degree Fahrenheit oven for 30 minutes until garlic is soft and slips easily from its skin when squeezed.
- In a food processor, combine the 1/2 cup pecan pieces, roasted red pepper, fire roasted tomatoes, onion, garlic, chili pepper, sherry vinegar, smoked paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper. Pulse until slightly chunky and well combined. Slowly stream in pecan oil until emulsified and smooth. Set aside until ready to use.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of pecan oil in a grill pan or cast iron skillet over high heat. Season the steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and then place in the hot skillet. Cook for 4 minutes per side for medium rare. Remove steak to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before carving.
- In a small bowl, mix together the 1/3 cup pecan pieces, parsley, lime zest, lime juice and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- To serve, slice the steak into 1/2-inch slices and place on a serving platter. Drizzle Pecan Parsley mixture over the steak. Serve the Pecan Red Pepper Sauce on the side.