Pecan Pesto Pasta
Serving Size: 8
Elevate the traditional pasta dish with toasted pecans, fresh basil and Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil or pecan oil
1/2 cup toasted pecan pieces
2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
2 fresh garlic cloves
1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, grated
Salt and fresh pepper, to taste
6 ounces heavy cream
1 pound gemelli pasta, cooked al dente
- Make the Pecan Pesto: In a food processor pulse pecans, oil, basil, garlic, and 1/2 cup cheese until smooth but not liquefied. Season with salt and pepper.
- Reserve the mixture chilled.
- In a sauce pan place the heavy cream and reduce by 1/3 over medium heat.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 2 to 3 tablespoons of the pesto and bring to boil.
- Season to taste.
- Add hot pasta and serve.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and drizzle the pesto over. Serve hot.