1/2 cup pecan pieces
1 small bunch black or red grapes (about 15 grapes)
1 handful of pickled onions (about 1/2 cup or to taste) or 1/4 small red onion
4 naan breads
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 teaspoons Pecorino or Parmesan cheese, grated
2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 tablespoon sugar
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- If using, at least one hour before serving, make the pickled onions. (Alternatively, use fresh red onion; see below)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pecan pieces in a small skillet, then heat over low heat for 2 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until fragrant and lightly toasted. Remove from the heat.
- Slice the grapes in half.
- If using red onion, thinly slice the red onion. If desired, rinse the sliced under cold water and then drain (this helps to remove some of the bite).
- Place naan directly on the oven grate and pre-bake 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove the naan from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Top each naan with about 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, a thin grating of Pecorino cheese, toasted pecan pieces, grapes, and Pickled Onions. Garnish with thyme leaves (pull off leaves and tender stems over the pizza) and a sprinkle of kosher salt. Bake for 4 to 5 minutes until the cheese melts.
Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix together. Let sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour, more if possible. Cover and store in the refrigerator. Can be made ahead up to 2 weeks. Drain onions before using.