Pecan Chicken Salad
By: Emily Laurae
Serving Size: 4 servings
Cook Time: Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 10 minutes
- 5 oz chicken (may use any kind, including rotisserie or canned), chopped and shredded
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 1 diced shallot
- ½ green apple
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon stone ground mustard
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Seeded crackers
- Crumbled feta cheese, pecan halves & dill to garnish
- Add pecans, chicken, chopped celery, green apple, shallots and cranberries to the bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together chopped dill, honey, mayonnaise, stone ground mustard, and apple cider vinegar. Drizzle the dressing over the chicken and veggie mixture and toss until it’s all coated in the dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a tablespoon of chicken salad on top of a seeded cracker. Top with crumbled feta cheese, extra pecans and dill before serving.