Paleo Gingerbread Pecan Magic Bars
By: Kelsey Preciado, Little Bits of Real Food
Serving Size: 24
Cook Time: 60 mins
Nothing says festive like a soft gingerbread cookie. Layer it with a mix of pecans, coconut and chocolate chips, then smother in sweetened condensed coconut milk for a versatile paleo take on a decadent favorite.
For the Crust:
2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup melted coconut oil (at room temp)
1/3 cup molasses
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Sweetened Condensed Milk:
1 can coconut milk (approx. 13.5 oz)
1/4 cup maple syrup
For the Toppings:
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/3 cup pecan pieces
- To make the Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk: In a small saucepan combine coconut milk and maple syrup. Whisk them together on high until it boils, then reduce to a simmer and let cook and thicken for 40-60 minutes. Pour it into a glass jar and place in the refrigerator for at least an hour to cool down.
- To make the crust: Preheat oven to 350 and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- Combine crust ingredients and press into the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Add chocolate chips, coconut and pecans. Pour the coconut sweetened condensed milk evenly on top.
- Place the bars back in the oven for 10 minutes.
*Recipe notes: Store in the refrigerator