Mini Pecan Pies
Serving Size: 12
Cook Time: 10 mins Prep
40 mins Cooking
All the flavors of the traditional pecan pie you love in individual bite-sized portions. These are the perfect treat to top your holiday table.
1/4 pound unsalted butter
1/4 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cup sifted AP flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pound pecan pieces
1/2 pound unsalted butter
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- With an electric mixer, cream together 1/4 pound of butter and 1/4 cup of sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well combined. Whisk together the flour and salt and then add to butter mixture in 3 additions. Blend well until dough forms.
- Butter or spray 12 mini fluted pie molds. Divide dough into 12 equal portions and pat into mini molds. Prick the dough with a fork to prevent bubbling or rising. Partially bake molds for 15 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 pound of butter, brown sugar, sugar and honey. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and carefully stir in the pecans and the heavy cream.
- Pour the filling into the pie crust molds. Return to the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and the top is semi-firm. Let cool before serving.
- Serve mini pecan pies with whipped cream if desired.