Crunchy Pecan Crusted Lamb
Serving Size: 1
Pecan crusted lamb chops are an easy way to dress-up any menu – and are perfect for special occasions.
1/2 cup pecan pieces
2 racks of lamb, Frenched
2 ounces white rum
3 ounces whole grain Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons light brown sugar
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil or pecan oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, pulse the pecans to the same size as the panko bread crumbs.
- Combine the pecans with panko and set to the side.
- Combine the rum, mustard and sugar in a bowl and mix until completely dissolved.
- Season the lamb racks with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Grill the lamb for 2-3 min each side and reserve.
- Coat the lamb rack with the mustard-rum mixture and follow that with a coating of the pecan and panko mixture.
- Finish cooking the lamb in the oven until desired internal temperature has been reach. 125-128 degrees Fahrenheit for medium to medium-rare.
- Let the lamb rest at room temperature for 5-8 minutes before slicing into lamb chops and serve.