· 2 cups pecans, toasted
· ¼ cup maple syrup
· 2 Tbsp Dutch process cocoa powder
· 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
· ½ tsp kosher salt
· ¼ tsp cayenne pepper, optional
1. Cook the pecans and syrup in a skillet over medium heat until the syrup bubbles and then cooks-off, or disappears altogether.
2. Whisk the cocoa, sugar, salt and cayenne pepper in a medium bowl.
3. Toss the warm pecans in the cocoa mixture until covered then place them in a sieve, to knock off the excess cocoa/sugar and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet until cool.
4. Serve and enjoy.