Pecan Vodka Mississippi Mule
Serving Size: 1
Inspired by the Delta, this Southern take on the Moscow Mule is the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day.
1 ounce Cathead Distillery Pecan Vodka
1/2 cup Ginger Infused Simple Syrup
1 cup club soda (substitute: unsweetened lime flavored sparkling water)
1 fresh lime, juiced
2 lime wedges for garnish
Ginger Infused Simple Syrup:
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup water
1/2 cup fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
Make the Ginger Infused Simple Syrup:
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil over medium high heat.
- Add the ginger and bring the mixture back up to a simmer.
- Continue simmering over low heat for 30 minutes.
- Pour through a fine-mesh strainer into bowl, discarding ginger. Cool.
- The syrup will keep well in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Make the Pecan Vodka Mississippi Mule:
- Fill 2 copper mugs with ice.
- Pour 1/2 ounce Pecan vodka over ice in each cup.
- Add 1/4 cup Ginger Infused Simple Syrup in each cup
- Add 1/2 cup of club soda or sparkling water in each cup.
- Juice half a lime in each cup.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedge.
- Stir and enjoy.