Pecan Stuffed Mushrooms
By: Natalie Mortimer and Holly Erickson, Modern Proper
Serving Size: 10
Cook Time: 40 mins
These pecan stuffed mushrooms are the perfect bite size appetizer to serve at your next holiday gathering or game day viewing party! Simply stuff mushrooms with honeyed pecans and goat cheese for a flavorful starter dish!
1 pound mushrooms (about 25 1.5-inch mushrooms)
2 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons pecan or olive oil*
1 shallot, minced about (1/4 cup)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup pecan pieces
1/4 cup parsley, minced
1/4 panko breadcrumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
25 pecan halves
2 tablespoons honey
1 teaspoon pecan or olive oil
Pinch of salt
- Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
- Heat butter over medium heat in a small skillet. Add in shallots, pecans, mushroom stems and garlic. Sauté until everything has softened. About 5 minutes.
- Add warm ingredients to a medium sized mixing bowl and stir in goat cheese, parsley and breadcrumbs.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread out mushroom caps on a large baking sheet. Working with one mushroom at a time brush both inside and outside with oil (or melted butter) and stuff with 1 teaspoon of pecan filling. Place on center rack and bake from 20 minutes.
- While mushrooms are cooking: heat honey and olive oil and medium sized skillet over low heat. Add in pecan halves and stir until they are completely coated. Over medium-low heat, cook until pecans have taken on a slightly darker color, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from oven, and spread pecans onto a piece of parchment to cool.
- Once mushrooms are cooked, top with candied pecans and serve immediately. Enjoy!
*Recipe notes: Can also use butter