Pecan Phyllo Rolls
Serving Size: 1
Topped with pecans and a sweet lemon-syrup, these phenomenal phyllo rolls make for a divine dessert.
3 cups (may substitute Pecan Meal) Pecan Fancy granules
1 pound Phyllo Dough
1 pound unsalted butter, melted
1 3/4 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Thaw Phyllo dough in package in refrigerator overnight, then bring to room temperature 2 hours before use.
- Un-roll Phyllo on counter. Using a 20 x 3/8 inch wooden dowel for rolling.
- In a small bowl, combine pecan granules with cinnamon until covered thoroughly. Set aside.
- Brush full sheet of phyllo with melted butter then lightly sprinkle pecan granules evenly over phyllo.
- Place dowel at the wide end of the phyllo and tightly roll full sheet, then brush second sheet with butter only and roll a second layer.
- Using hands push together phyllo on dowel bunching up dough in the middle approximately 9 inches long then slide off dowel onto baking pan.
- Brush with butter.
- Continue until enough portions are made.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake rolls for 30 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Make the Syrup: Combine sugar, water and lemon juice in sauce pot, bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Cut rolls into portions then drizzle the syrup on rolls until absorbed and let stand for at least 1 hour before serving.