Pecan Gooey Butter Pie
Serving Size: 12
Cook Time: 15 mins Prep
40 mins Cooking
It’s gooey, it’s buttery and starting with a store bought cake mix that couldn’t make this dessert any easier. This Pecan Gooey Butter Pie gets a little kick from cayenne…and a little spiced rum doesn’t hurt either!
2 cups pecan halves
1 (18-ounce) box yellow cake mix
1/2 cup pecan meal
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 stick (4-ounces) salted butter
3 large eggs
1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
4 cups powdered sugar
3 tablespoons spiced rum, divided
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, pecan meal, cinnamon, and cayenne pepper. In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the butter for about 30 seconds. Add the butter and 1 egg to the cake mix and stir until well combined. Press the cake mixture into the bottom of a greased 9×13 glass baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat 2 eggs and cream cheese until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of spiced rum. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the crust. Sprinkle the pecan halves over the surface
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until pie is cooked through and golden brown.
- To serve, whip the heavy cream with the remaining 1 tablespoon of spiced rum and the granulated sugar to form soft peaks. Spoon Pecan Gooey Butter Pie onto a dessert plate and dollop with spiced whipped cream on the side.