Cherry Pecan Energy Bites
By: American Pecan Promotion Board
Serving Size: 12
Cook Time: 10
With just a few simple ingredients, whip up these cherry pecan energy bites in under 10 minutes for a nutritious, power-packed snack! Chock full of super foods including pecans, cherries and oats – they’re deliciously packed with nutrients.
1 cup toasted pecan pieces
1 cup dried cherries
4 medjool dates, pitted
1/4 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tablespoon cacao powder, plus more for coating
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Pulse until the ingredients begin to bind and form a loose dough-like ball.
- Roll into 1-inch balls. Roll the balls in cacao powder (optional) and transfer to an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Makes 10 to 12 energy bites.
- To make this recipe gluten-free, substitute 1/4 cup of certified gluten-free old-fashioned oats.
- The energy balls will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.