- 8 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup pecans
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 oz dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup toasted pecans
- Flakey sea salt & mini chocolate chips to garnish
- Start by preheating your oven to 350°F. Butter the bottom and sides of an 8×8 inch square baking pan and line it with a piece of parchment paper.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat until it turns light brown and gives off a nutty aroma.
- Pour the butter into a medium bowl and add the brown sugar and salt. Stir the ingredients until they’re combined, and then add egg and vanilla. Mix with a spatula until smooth and add the flour followed by the pecans and dark chocolate chips, mixing gently until just combined.
- Add the batter into the 8×8 pan and top with some additional pecans and chocolate chips. Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, until the batter has set.
- Sprinkle the blondies with flakey salt if desired. Let the blondies cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then gently remove the blondies from the pan and cool completely on the rack. Cut into 9, 2.5-inch squares and enjoy!