For the Pecan Cookie Crust
· 1 cup pecan pieces
· 1 cup all-purpose flour, plus 2 Tbsp. for dusting
· 8 Tbsp. unsalted butter
· 1/4 cup granulated sugar
· 1 large egg yolk
· 1 tsp. vanilla extract
· 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
For the Candied Pecans
· 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
· 1/4 cup cane syrup or maple syrup
· 2 cups pecan halves
For the Banana Pudding
· 2 large bananas
· 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
· 1 (3.4-ounce) package instant banana pudding
· 2 cups whole milk
· 1 cup pecan pieces
For the Bourbon Whipped Cream
· 1 cup heavy whipping cream
· 1 Tbsp. cane syrup, sugar, or maple syrup
· 1 Tbsp. bourbon
· 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
· Preheat the oven to 350 F. Lightly coat a 9-inch pie dish with baking spray.
Make the pecan cookie crust
1. Place the pecan pieces and flour in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade attachment. Process until it resembles crumbles, about 10 seconds.
2. Add the butter, sugar, egg yolk, vanilla, and kosher salt.
3. Process until the dough comes together away from the sides of the food processor, about 20 seconds.
4. Dust a work surface with the remaining 2 Tbsp. of flour. Transfer the dough and any remaining crumbs left to the work surface, form a disc, then roll into a 10-inch round about 1/8 inches thick. Transfer the pie crust to the pie dish and crimp the edges.
5. Bake on the middle rack until the crust is light golden brown and fragrant, 16-18 minutes. Cool completely.
Make the Candied Pecans
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the cane syrup and pecan halves and cook, stirring often, until the syrup is slightly reduced and sticky, about 2 minutes.
2. Transfer the pecans to a plate and set aside to cool completely.
Make the Banana Pudding
1. Slice the bananas into coins and drizzle with the lemon juice. Set aside.
2. In a medium bowl or stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whisk the instant banana pudding and milk until thick, about 2 minutes. Stir in the sliced bananas and pecan pieces.
Make the Bourbon Whipped Cream
1. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, combine the heavy cream, cane syrup, bourbon, and vanilla extract. Whip at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form, 1-2 minutes.
Assemble the Pie
1. Spoon the banana pudding mixture onto the base of the cooled pie crust. Top the pudding layer with the whipped cream and arrange the cooled candied pecans on top. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.